Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week5_Hillsborough County



Early on I decided to use a 11x 17 format for this weeks deliverable map. I also wanted to use one map for all the data. It was several iterations before I settled on this layout of the map elements. At this scale I decided to generalize most of the roads layer and use it for reference only. It took a while but I feel this was fairly successful at displaying all the required data and still communicating the intended theme. I had to go back and redo some of the annotation and the scale bar. I must have been in one of the inset data frames when I put in my original scale. Doh!
After Finding all the required data the biggest challenge was symbolizing the Hydrography layers without creating too much noise.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I think you did a great job. That was an incredibly smart thing you did, putting your quad data in a seperate inset. I really wish I would have thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete